Tracking and reporting your campaign results allows your company and donors to get deserved recognition for their generosity and hard work. It also helps you analyze areas of success and opportunities for growth for future campaigns. Below are some general tips to help you report and track your results.
Five steps of reporting
Step 1: Collect
- Make sure all pledge cards are turned in. Send a reminder e-mail or ask each department head to check with employees.
- Separate Watch. Enter. Win. forms from the pledge cards and turn them in to United Way by the due date to be eligible for drawings.
Step 2: Count
- Know the number of donors and amounts raised in each of the following categories: cash, check, credit card, direct bill and payroll deduction.
- Count your Leadership Givers and provide us with a separate list. That way, we’ll be sure to include them in special Leadership thank you events. If your campaign is still running, but you have a current list of Leadership Givers (a pledge of $1,000 or more), send it to email@example.com.
Step 3: Complete
- Record and track all pledge cards on the electronic listing sheet (download above). Or, create a customized spreadsheet using information that works best for you.
- Enter the information on your reporting envelope. You can download an Excel version (above) that will do all the calculating for you!
Step 4: Contact
- E-mail your completed spreadsheet to our pledge processing department at firstname.lastname@example.org or directly to your United Way campaign representative. Or save it on a disc and include it in your campaign reporting envelope. Then give us a call, and we’ll come pick up your envelope. Please don’t send cash through the mail!
- Are you stuck somewhere? Contact your United Way representative. We are happy to help!
Step 5: Celebrate
- Congratulations! You should feel great about helping our region. As an ECC, you are truly making a difference.