United Way’s Men’s Leadership Society was founded in 2013. In 2014, the Society raised $21.3 million. Men from across our 16-county region make annual gifts of $1,000 or more in an effort to help people in our community live their best possible lives.
The Society offers a unique way to value these contributions while familiarizing individuals with other key leaders in the region, preparing them for their role in serving our community.
A message from Joe Ambrose and Ray Farris, 2014 & 2015 Society Co-Chairs
We are truly honored to serve as the Co-Chairs of the Men’s Leadership Society for another year. Working with this group of distinguished, generous, passionate, and prestigious men has been an amazing experience, and we look forward to the exciting year we have ahead of us.
In 2014, the Men’s Leadership Society used the power of relationships, mentoring, and inspiration to positively impact our community. Over 5,500 men joined our efforts. It makes us proud to say that our community of male leaders contributed over $21 million to the greater St. Louis region.
We have many exciting opportunities planned for this year. We hope that you consider joining our united front and participate in our events including:
- The annual Men’s Leadership Society Food Drive (May 2015) ensures that area children do not go hungry during the summer months when school breakfast and lunch take a three-month break.
- The Society Kickoff (September 2015) celebrates the beginning of another campaign and our pledge to help the greater St. Louis region
We hope you will join us. Together we can initiate change.
Joe Ambrose and Ray Farris
2015 Men’s Leadership Society Co-Chairs
Benefits of Joining the Men’s Leadership Society:
- Networking: Donors are included in a network of prominent individuals, and the Society presents an opportunity to plug in with like-minded leaders.
- Events: Donors are invited to a kickoff event, service projects and other exclusive networking events.
- Giving Back: Many Men’s Leadership Society donors find great satisfaction in giving back to the community. Many say they are grateful to be able to give back in such a meaningful way.
- Exposure to Key Leaders: Members have the opportunity to interact with key business, civic, political and religious leaders at exclusive events.
- Recognition: Recognition is given in publications where appropriate.
How do I join the Men’s Leadership Society?
Membership to United Way’s Men’s Leadership Society begins with an annual pledge of $1,000 or more. Pledging your gift can be done easily, and payment options vary from a single payment to monthly or quarterly installments. Final payments are due by December of the following year. For instance, a pledge made in 2015 is payable through December 2016.
For more information about the Men’s Leadership Society, please contact Ashley Edwards at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-539-4104.
Men’s Leadership Society Cabinet
Joe Bergan, Edward Jones
Kurt Berry, BKD, LLP
Jeffrey Bierman, KPMG, LLP
Cory Boss, Deloitte
Jason Bowman, St. Louis Blues/Scottrade Center
Dan Conner, D. Conner Financial
Jason Dickerman, Wells Fargo
Kenneth Graesser, United Way of Greater St. Louis
Ronald Green, Boy Scouts of America, Inc., Greater St. Louis Area Council
Robert Hitchcock, Centene Corporation
Stephen Hoven, SSM Health Care
William Howard, MiTek USA, Inc.
Arindam Kar, Bryan Cave LLP
Todd Korte, The Korte Company
Michael Lawrence, Merrill Lynch
Joshua Miller, Merrill Lynch
Michael Mosbacher, Hastings & Chivetta Architects, Inc./8760 Engineering
Darryl Munden Sr., Rx Outreach, Inc.
Ted Ruzicka, Ruzicka Group Services
Matthew Schumacher, Monsanto Company
John Sondag, AT&T Missouri
Charles Stewart Jr., Metro Transit