What is United Way 2-1-1?
United Way 2-1-1 is a free, confidential, 24/7 source for anyone who needs help. Looking for a childcare provider? 2-1-1 can help with that. Want to make a food donation? Call 2-1-1. Need job training? Try 2-1-1.
To put it simply, United Way 2-1-1 is your go-to resource for all non-emergency needs.
We all know 9-1-1 as the number to call when you have life-threatening or property-related emergencies, including:
- Impaired driving
- House fire
- Medical emergency
- Domestic violence
- Suspicious activity
- Heart attack or stroke
So when do you call 2-1-1? Dial 2-1-1 for information and resources for everything else, including:
- Housing and utility assistance
- Warming and cooling shelters
- Food banks
- Natural disaster relief information
- Fraud and identity protection
- Tax preparation assistance
- Veteran services
- Support groups and counseling services
Since 2006, United Way 2-1-1 has answered more than 13 million requests for help nationwide.
If you or someone you know needs help, there are four easy ways to get connected to 2-1-1:
- Dial 2-1-1 from a landline (or 1-800-427-4626 from a cell)
- Search the online directory
- Chat online with a resource specialist
- Download the mobile app